The Hôtel was given a make-over in the early 18th century. In the end the Hôtel only remained in the d'Aumont-family's possession for exactly one century. It was sold in 1756 by the fourth Duc d'Aumont who had gotten the Hôtel through his marriage to Louise-Marie- Augustin d'Aumont. The following owners were not as prestigious as the d'Aumonts. Pierre Terray was the owner until 1795; he held several positions at court but was not himself a nobleman.
Today it is a property of the City of Paris which uses it as an administrative unit.
|View from the first floor|